John Hawkes is an actor best known for his performance as Sol Star on the HBO series ‘Deadwood.’ Besides that, he has played a role in some other films, and he was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for the film ‘Winter’s bone’ for his role as ‘Teardrop Dolly.’
The information about John Hawkes is on the deck below. So please stick with us!!
Before we get into the life of John Hawkes, Let’s take a glance at some of his quick facts.
Quick Facts regarding John Hawkes
|Full Name||John Hawkes|
|Date of Birth||September 11, 1959|
|Age||59 years old|
|Birthplace||Alexandria, Minnesota, US|
|Marital Status||Married (Sophie) (Rumor)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Peter John Perkins (Father)
Patricia Jeanne (Mother)
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Social Media||Not a fan of social media|
John Hawkes was born in Alexandria, Minnesota, on September 11, 1959. His birth name was John Marvin Perkins. His father’s name is Peter John Perkins, and his mother’s name is Patricia Jeanne. Although John Hawkes is an actor, his father was a farmer of corn, wheat, hogs, and cattle. He did his schooling at Jefferson High School.
John Hawkes Actor
He did his debut movie role in the 1985 movie Future-Kill. At first, his name was John Perkins. But, since there was already another John Perkins in the industry, he changed his name to John Hawkes.
Besides that, in the TV series 24, he has played the role of Greg Penticoff in season 1. In the HBO series ‘Deadwood,’ he played the role of merchant Sol Star. Similarly, on the show Eastbound and Down, he portrayed Dustin Powers in all four seasons. We all know the famous show, Lost. He played the role of Lennon on that show.
Aside from those, he has played in some other movies like
- American Gangster
- Me and You and Everyone We know.
- The Perfect Storm
- Wristcutters: A Love Story
- Martha Marcy May Marlene
John Hawkes Net Worth
Starring in many popular movies and TV shows, he has successfully accumulated an impressive amount of wealth.
John Hawkes’ Net worth as of 2019 is around $4 million.
John Hawkes Movies
He has acted in many movies of different genres. In some movies, he has played the lead role, whereas he has played the supporting role in some. Here, on this list, we have not provided the list of all his movies. Rather, we have provided the list of his movies that were critically appreciated or have done well at the box office.
In the list, he has played a supporting role in the majority of the movies.
- D.O.A (1988) – Critically Appreciated (Rotten Tomatoes Rating- 61%)
- Rosalie Goes Shopping (1989)- Mixed Reviews
- Congo (1995) – Box office Success
- From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) – Box office Success (Rotten Tomatoes Rating-63%)
- Rush Hour (1998) – Box Office Success (Rotten Tomatoes Rating- 60%)
- Blue Streak (1999) – Box Office Success
- The Perfect Storm (2000) – Box Office Success
- Identity (2003) – Box Office Success ( Rotten Tomatoes Rating- 62%)
- Me and You and Everyone We Know (2004) – Rotten Tomatoes Rating- 81%
- Wristcutters: A Love Story (2006) – Rotten Tomatoes Rating- 67%
- American Gangster (2007) – Box Office Success (Rotten Tomatoes Rating – 80%)
- Winter’s Bone (2010) – Box Office Success (Rotten Tomatoes Rating- 94%)
- Higher Ground (2011) – Rotten Tomatoes Rating- 81%
- Martha Marcy May Marlene (2011)- Box Office Success (Rotten Tomatoes Rating -90%)
- Contagion (2011) – Box Office Success (Rotten Tomatoes Rating- 84%)
- The Sessions (2012)- Box office Success (Positive Reviews)
- Lincoln (2012) – Box Office Success ( Rotten Tomatoes Rating- 89%)
- Life of Crime (2013) – Rotten Tomatoes Rating- 65%
- Too Late (2014) – Rotten Tomatoes -72%
- Everest (2015) – Box Office Success (Rotten Tomatoes Rating- 73%)
- Small Town Crime (2017) – Rotten Tomatoes Rating- 77%
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017) – Huge Box Office Success (Rotten Tomatoes Rating- 91%)
Awards and Honors
In the year 2011, he was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Winter’s Bone as well as Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role. He was also successful in taking the Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Male Award with him.
The list does not end here. He received many other honors like the Rising Star Award by the Texas Film Hall of Fame in 2011. In 2017, David Milch submitted a script for the movie version of the series Deadwood. Besides this, Hawkes also expressed his interest in coming back for the movie as Sol Star. The movie started its production in October 2018.
Social Media Presence
He doesn’t seem to be that involved in social networking sites like Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. So, you may not be able to find him on such sites if you are a fan of him and want to follow him.